
The Philadelphia Spectrum (a venerable old sports and concert venue) is being demolished this week. I'm not going to wax too nostalgic for a building I've never had a chance to actually enter (even though that's kind of a hobby I have, especially after a Scotch or two), but suffice it to say that some notable, awesome, interesting things happened there.
Neil Young (famously talented Canadian songwriter, guitar player, train enthusiast, and incorrigible perfectionist) recorded Time Fades Away on stressful tour and was dissatisfied with the results to the point that he has refused to allow it to be re-released in any form. It's a great album, so that's crazy. You probably knew all of this, or at least parts of it, but what you didn't know is that the cover photo was taken at the Philadelphia Spectrum in January 1973.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.